SMALL WORLDS ART EXHIBITION
This exhibit creates a unique opportunity for artists and scientists to explain the importance of tiny, small worlds that are unseen but are beautiful and play important roles in our world. Selected pieces will be exhibited at 4th Street Studios May 17, 2019 through June 1, 2019. Because our intent is to show as much work as possible, we will host the studio exhibition and also an online gallery.
All creative presentations of “small worlds” will be considered and does not have to be science related, but needs to bring attention to the small worlds around us. Emerging artists, professional artists and scientists are all invited to apply and present your artwork in an eclectic studio.
• Deadline for submission: April 22, 2019, midnight MST. You can begin and edit your application until this date.
• No charge to apply
• Applicants will be notified by April 26, 2019 of acceptance results
• Artwork must be delivered to 4th Street Studios by May 13, 2019 and ready to install or work may not be exhibited. Artist pickup after the exhibit is required by June 3, 2019. Prepaid postage is an option for art shipping.
• Exhibition dates: May 17 – June 1, 2019 at 4th Street Studios.
• Online exhibition May 20 – June 30, 2019
• Opening reception for exhibition Friday, May 17, 2019 6 – 9pm. Beverages and food provided by 4th Street Studios, Wyoming EPSCoR/René Williams Art, Science Loves Art and the University of Wyoming Honors College.
What to submit:
• Up to 5 images of 1 piece of artwork per submission. 2 submissions per artist accepted.
• Title, measurements, medium and year the work was created *Maximum sculpture size 1’x1’x1′. Maximum sizes 2d pieces 2’x2′.
• One paragraph artist statement that describes your methods and techniques.
• One paragraph description of your small world piece and your inspiration
• Your contact information: Name, address, email, phone number, website and social media if applicable
BEGIN YOUR SUBMISSIONS HERE Work in progress submissions are allowed so come back anytime and update your submission before April 22, 2019. Thanks for submitting your work!